Observational records have been kept continuously since August 31, 1979. Station moved to
Barcroft Hills (at left) on February 8, 1986. The new location is approximately 2.7 miles
north and 0.3 miles west of the earlier location and is just northeast of Belvedere Elementary School.
The station has moved again about 100 miles south to West Henrico Co. - Glen Allen, Virginia and is now located about 1200 feet SW from the Springfield Elementary School.